On 1/8/06, David Reitter wrote: > On 18 Dec 2005, at 03:54, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote: > > > (defun mac-ae-do-lisp (event) > > (interactive "e") > > (eval (car (read-from-string (mac-ae-text (mac-event-ae event)))))) > > Something like that is definitely an interesting functionality, but I > wouldn't want to see it outside of a local installation, i.e. in > Emacs, simply for security reasons. With such an event, any > application can practically attain all rights that the Emacs process > has and execute pretty much anything. Given that emacs isn't setuid anything, I'm having trouble imagining a scenario on a Mac where your concern is actually a concern. Can you provide an example? Keep in mine you can also send apple events to the terminal :) Michael