On 3/27/19 8:48 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Or use string-to-list? > That would be too obvious. Thanks to everybody who helped improve that code with "obvious" changes that weren't obvious to me. I installed the attached patches to try to incorporate all the comments. I'm not sure what to do about footnote.el's blithe overuse of "+" and "*" so I merely left a FIXME comment for that, stealing its wording from Mattias's email. I avoided regexp-opt before because its doc string implied that (regexp-opt '("a" "a")) was invalid. The first patch attempts to fix that confusion too.