On 9/29/23 09:00, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:11:07 +0200 >> From: David Hedlund >> >> Methods to always maximize `emacs` (for example, from Alt+F2 in MATE), without the slightly >> distracting visual effect when the default frame size is growing to fullscreen. The window will be >> maximized quickly, like "emacs --maximize". > I'm not sure I understand the need for these methods. Doesn't F11 do > this job on all GUI subsystems we support? > > And if you are talking about starting with a maximized frame, then why > aren't "emacs --maximize" and/or X resources (and their Registry > emulation on MS-Windows) good enough? > > IOW, before describing your suggested solutions, and for the FAQ on > top of that, could you please describe the problem in more details, > specifically for each GUI environment/toolkit where you see a problem? > Please read the mail in this thread with subject: "Re: Solution to a proposed FAQ, how to maximize emacs quickly (like `emacs --maximize`) for GNU/Linux - Improved solution by Chad: ~/.emacs.d/early-init.el" to understand, so I don't need to re-send it.