* build failure on M$ using MSVC: nt/icons/emacs.ico
@ 2008-05-22  9:15 dhruva
From: dhruva @ 2008-05-22  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs Devel

Hi,
 The current build on M$ using MSVC fails due to something in the new
emacs.ico file. The MSVC resource compiler is not able to handle the
file (old DIB and pass it through SDKPAINT..). I could not make much
of it (was this icon image created on MS Vista?). The same icon works
fine with the GNU windres (mingw).
 I used the following command to generate the required file for MSVC
using GNU windres:
cmd> windres -O res -i emacs.rc -o obj-spd/i386/emacs.res
cmd> nmake

The build went fine.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!