* Speed of bzr, how to use it, etc.
@ 2008-03-15  3:23 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2008-03-15  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

A lot of people are arguing about various technical
questions about how fast bzr is, or how it could be faster, etc.

Would people please move that to a list about bzr?

* Re: Speed of bzr, how to use it, etc.
@ 2008-03-15  7:00 ` dhruva
From: dhruva @ 2008-03-15  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> A lot of people are arguing about various technical
>  questions about how fast bzr is, or how it could be faster, etc.
>
>  Would people please move that to a list about bzr?

We are discussing in the context of Emacs. Since bzr was/is being
considered as a serious alternative (to CVS) SCM for hosting, IMHO the
emacs maintainers and the stake holders should be aware of the
shortcomings or features before making that final decision. Moving it
into a different mailing list will help bzr but not emacs.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!

* Re: Speed of bzr, how to use it, etc.
@ 2008-03-16  2:33   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2008-03-16  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dhruva; +Cc: emacs-devel

To get problems in Bzr fixed, we need to talk with the Bzr developers.
Sending complaints amongst ourselves, without them, indicates a
nonconstructive attitude.

Would someone here like to volunteer to work with the Bzr developers
to get whatever advice and/or fixes are needed?

* Re: Speed of bzr, how to use it, etc.
@ 2008-12-08 16:09     ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2008-12-08 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
> To get problems in Bzr fixed, we need to talk with the Bzr developers.
> Sending complaints amongst ourselves, without them, indicates a
> nonconstructive attitude.
>
> Would someone here like to volunteer to work with the Bzr developers
> to get whatever advice and/or fixes are needed?

Yes.  I'm now able to volunteer, as this is related to some other work
I'm doing.

I'll make a separate post now, restarting the "What remains for us to
switch to bzr?" topic, and start gathering information.

-Karl

* Re: Speed of bzr, how to use it, etc.
@ 2008-12-09  7:53       ` Richard M Stallman
From: Richard M Stallman @ 2008-12-09  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Fogel; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Yes.  I'm now able to volunteer, as this is related to some other work
    I'm doing.

Thanks.

    I'll make a separate post now, restarting the "What remains for us to
    switch to bzr?" topic, and start gathering information.

That is useful.  Their release announcements have mentioned speedups
in some operations.  Perhaps they have resolved some of the problems.