* Emacs on GNU/Linux kernel 2.4 - Problems
@ 2008-03-12 11:48 dhruva
From: dhruva @ 2008-03-12 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

Hello,
 I happened to try building Emacs from CVS and running on GNU/Linux
kernel 2.4 series. Opening a folder in "dired" to list the files and
folders just freezes. There is not high CPU usage to suggest any
looping, it appears more like a deadlock. My guess is it might be due
to non-preemptive kernel. The same works on 2.6 series of the kernel.

 I will explore further if this can be handled.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!