On 6/3/20 5:43 PM, Paul Eggert wrote: > On 6/3/20 4:48 PM, João Távora wrote: >> I think I'd rather this previous behavior were retained, or at least >> achievable by request. > > It's tricky, as make-text-button in emacs-27 (and earlier) modifies its string > argument, which is buggy because string constants are not always unique. On second thought, I'll work on coming up with a better workaround for the problem along the lines I suggested in my previous message: make-text-button can copy the button label string only if the string's not mutable. I hope this helps with SLY (as I hope SLY is not trying to modify string literals...). In the meantime I've reverted the change by installing the attached patch; this means the bug I mentioned in my previous message remains unfixed.