* A lot of blink-cursor-timers
@ 2010-03-20  2:10 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-03-20  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

I am not sure about if I have asked this before.

I sometimes gets a lot of blink-cursor-timer timers. I have no idea
how this can happen. Looking at the code it looks impossible. Still it
happens.

Any ideas what to look for?

* Re: A lot of blink-cursor-timers
@ 2010-03-20 12:13 ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-03-20 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

Lennart Borgman skrev:
> I am not sure about if I have asked this before.
>
> I sometimes gets a lot of blink-cursor-timer timers. I have no idea
> how this can happen. Looking at the code it looks impossible. Still it
> happens.
>
> Any ideas what to look for?

A lot of the same variable, or a lot of timers at the C-level?  Did you make
it buffer-local or something?

	Jan D.

* Re: A lot of blink-cursor-timers
@ 2010-03-20 12:17   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-03-20 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman skrev:
>>
>> I am not sure about if I have asked this before.
>>
>> I sometimes gets a lot of blink-cursor-timer timers. I have no idea
>> how this can happen. Looking at the code it looks impossible. Still it
>> happens.
>>
>> Any ideas what to look for?
>>

> A lot of the same variable, or a lot of timers at the C-level?  Did you make
> it buffer-local or something?

A lot of timers running the same funciton (ie that for blink-cursor-timer).

I do not think I made it buffer local.

Sometimes I can easily reproduce it, sometimes it is impossible. When
I try to be systematic it is impossible ;-)