* Fwd: view-lossage and passwords
       [not found] <245949e5-e510-452d-a485-3da79f3b1ad5@k5g2000pra.googlegroups.com>
@ 2010-02-27 13:44 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-02-27 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Is this a known problem?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mandar.mitra <mandar.mitra@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM
Subject: view-lossage and passwords
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

At various times (e.g. when I am using a terminal) within emacs, I
need to enter my password. This is, by default, stored in my typing
history, and becomes visible with view-lossage. Is there some way to
prevent passwords from being recorded in typing history, so that if I
run view-lossage (usually accidentally), my password won't show up on
screen?

I've looked around on the web a bit, but didn't find anything that
addresses this. Thanks for any tips,
Mandar.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-02-27 13:44 UTC | newest]