* How do I force screen update and text property settings?
@ 2009-11-23 18:12 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-11-23 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

I want to test for 'face property value. Those tests works fine when
Emacs is visible, but they fail when the Emacs frame (w32 window) is
not visible.

Fontification in the tests are done by running

(defun nxhtmltest-fontify-w-timers-handlers ()
    (dolist (timer (copy-sequence timer-idle-list))
      (timer-event-handler timer))
    (redisplay t))

* Re: How do I force screen update and text property settings?
@ 2009-11-23 21:22 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2009-11-23 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

> Fontification in the tests are done by running

> (defun nxhtmltest-fontify-w-timers-handlers ()
>     (dolist (timer (copy-sequence timer-idle-list))
>       (timer-event-handler timer))
>     (redisplay t))

This code doesn't refer to fontification, so it's no surprise that it
doesn't always cause fontification, don't you think?

Sadly I don't have a good answer for your problem.  But if you look for
"jit-lock" in ps-print, you'll see how other people solved the same problem.

* Re: How do I force screen update and text property settings?
@ 2009-11-23 21:32   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-11-23 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> Fontification in the tests are done by running
>
>> (defun nxhtmltest-fontify-w-timers-handlers ()
>>     (dolist (timer (copy-sequence timer-idle-list))
>>       (timer-event-handler timer))
>>     (redisplay t))
>
> This code doesn't refer to fontification, so it's no surprise that it
> doesn't always cause fontification, don't you think?

That might be the reason, yes... ;-)

> Sadly I don't have a good answer for your problem.  But if you look for
> "jit-lock" in ps-print, you'll see how other people solved the same problem.

Thanks.