* (elisp) Text Terminal Colors doesn't know tty
@ 2009-05-28  3:21 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-05-28  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Someone should learn it.

* Re: (elisp) Text Terminal Colors doesn't know tty
@ 2009-05-28  8:05 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2009-05-28  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 05:21:54 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
>
> Someone should learn it.

Say, what?  Could you please elaborate what is the problem with that
node?  I'm afraid I don't understand.

Thanks.

* Re: (elisp) Text Terminal Colors doesn't know tty
@ 2009-05-28 10:01   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-05-28 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 05:21:54 +0200
>> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
>>
>> Someone should learn it.
>
> Say, what?  Could you please elaborate what is the problem with that
> node?  I'm afraid I don't understand.
>
> Thanks.

Sorry, I should have written "multi tty". This part of the node looks
wrong to me (but maybe I am wrong instead?):

"   These functions accept a display (either a frame or the name of a
terminal) as an optional argument.  We hope in the future to make Emacs
support more than one text-only terminal at one time; then this argument
will specify which terminal to operate on (the default being the
selected frame's terminal; *note Input Focus::).  At present, though,
the FRAME argument has no effect."

* Re: (elisp) Text Terminal Colors doesn't know tty
@ 2009-05-28 13:33     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-05-28 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> "   These functions accept a display (either a frame or the name of a
> terminal) as an optional argument.  We hope in the future to make Emacs
> support more than one text-only terminal at one time; then this argument
> will specify which terminal to operate on (the default being the
> selected frame's terminal; *note Input Focus::).  At present, though,
> the FRAME argument has no effect."

Although multi-tty has been implemented, no one has implemented the code
to allow different text-only terminals to have different colors.  I've
tweaked this text in the manual, thanks.