* Desktop uses emacs-mule for desktop file
@ 2009-05-06 14:42 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-05-06 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Should it do that?

* Re: Desktop uses emacs-mule for desktop file
@ 2009-05-06 14:52 ` Davis Herring
From: Davis Herring @ 2009-05-06 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

> Should it do that?

Is there a reason that it shouldn't?  (In other words, what is the bug you
are reporting?)  Speculating wildly, I suppose you might want it to be
UTF-8 now that we're using Unicode.  But unless emacs-mule is causing a
problem, it's probably better to keep it if only for compatibility with
older Emacsen.

Davis

shipping.

* Re: Desktop uses emacs-mule for desktop file
@ 2009-05-06 14:56   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-05-06 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: herring; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Davis Herring <herring@lanl.gov> wrote:
>> Should it do that?
>
> Is there a reason that it shouldn't?  (In other words, what is the bug you
> are reporting?)  Speculating wildly, I suppose you might want it to be
> UTF-8 now that we're using Unicode.  But unless emacs-mule is causing a
> problem, it's probably better to keep it if only for compatibility with
> older Emacsen.

Yes, I was thinking along those lines. Just wondered if anyone noticed
and thought about it.