* Customization buffer doesn't show up correctly
@ 2008-12-30 21:57 vr.sundar
From: vr.sundar @ 2008-12-30 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I'm using the latest (as of yesterday) cvs trunk Emacs on a Mac (OS X
10.4) and I've been seeing this problem for a while. When I try to
customize a variable the buffer that shows up is empty. But that text
shows up instead in the file that I had opened when I called
customize-variable.

As an example, this last time, I had toggle.el from emacswiki open and
was trying to customize toggle-mapping-style. An empty buffer callled
"Customize Option: Toggle Mapping Style" opened up in a new window in
the bottom half of the frame. In the top window, toggle.el now shows
up as modified with the buttons/text that I expected to see in the
customization window.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can open a ticket if pointed to the
bug tracking system. If anyone else isn't able to recreate this
easily, I can try to get more information that can help in debugging
this though I need specific steps to try out. I suppose this could
also be caused by something in my setup. The only thing of note that I
can think of is that I have ecb installed and it runs automatically
when I run emacs.

thanks
sundar

* Re: Customization buffer doesn't show up correctly
@ 2008-12-30 23:28 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2008-12-30 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vr. sundar; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:57 PM, vr. sundar <vr.sundar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any help is greatly appreciated. I can open a ticket if pointed to the
> bug tracking system.

Do submit a bug report do

   M-x send-emacs-bug-report

and follow the instructions there.

* Re: Customization buffer doesn't show up correctly
@ 2008-12-31  2:08   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-12-31  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: vr. sundar, emacs-devel

>> Any help is greatly appreciated. I can open a ticket if pointed to the
>> bug tracking system.

> Do submit a bug report do
>    M-x send-emacs-bug-report

You probably meant M-x report-emacs-bug RET also available through the
Help menu under "send bug report".

* Re: Customization buffer doesn't show up correctly
@ 2009-01-02 15:29     ` vr.sundar
From: vr.sundar @ 2009-01-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Lennart Borgman, emacs-devel

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> Do submit a bug report do
>>    M-x send-emacs-bug-report
>
> You probably meant M-x report-emacs-bug RET also available through the
> Help menu under "send bug report".

Submitted. Thank you.

Sundar