Richard M. Stallman wrote: > describe-frame-parameter seems to work usefully, but it has one > problem: its completion list is incomplete. > > Do you mean because it iterates only over the parameters of the selected > frame? > > I wasn't sure exactly what it does, but it certainly omits many > standard frame parameter names. I don't think whether the selected > frame has a setting for a particular frame parameter ought to affect > whether I can complete its name. > > It might also include user-defined parameters that won't be documented in > Info. Perhaps it should instead iterate over an explicit list of all of the > Info-documented (built-in) frame parameters. > > I think that is the best thing to do. Or else get that from the > manual too. OK, the attached version addresses all the points that have been raised: * It defines a global list of documented frame parameters, which is initialized from the manual (using info, not Info-goto-node), and which can be augmented with user-defined parameters. * The global list is actually an alist mapping parameters to their doc strings, so the doc strings are only extracted once from the manual and cached there. * Completion uses the union of the documented frame parameters and any other parameters set in the selected frame. The symbol at point is only provided as a default if it's a member of that union. * The Info xrefs and indentation have been removed from the doc string, and it's been reformatted (filled) to account for that. * Like variables, undocumented frame parameters are described as "not documented" and there's no link to the manual. Enjoy! -- Kevin