On 5/11/21 9:59 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> The snippet which I just sent is a proposal. Up to now there has been a >> bit of back and forth of how the grouping feature is best implemented. >> Under these circumstances it does not make sense to send a fully >> polished patch each time. But by now the discussion seems to have >> somehow concluded, or at least I interpret that there is some agreement >> between the participants of the discussion which was mostly Juri, >> Stefan, Dmitry and myself. > > Then please consider my humble request to make this user-friendlier by > offering simple Lisp values, not just functions. You and me can grasp > 'identity or 'ignore with no trouble, but I'm not talking about you or > me, or anyone else of the respected group mentioned above. This > feature is not just for us. I attached the updated patches, the variable `completions-group-sort` allows the more user friendly values nil and 'alphabetical. I hope it is more acceptable in this form. Daniel