Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote: > Recently, I started seeing the emacs daemon launched in my Linuxes and emacsclient resulted in an emacs on my terminal (as in -nw) being started. You can work around this with `emacsclient --create-frame`, although, as I mentioned elsewhere, I donąt think the current behaviour makes much sense. If you donąt want the daemon ahead of time then you can prevent it from starting. The command `systemctl --user disable emacs` should do the trick, although you might want to raise with your Linux distribution whether it should be starting by default. -- Peter Oliver