Hello, Alexander Adolf writes: > [...] > Browsing through message.el quickly brought me to the sixth of the 21 > FIXMEs in that file, which reads on line 3183: > > ;; FIXME: merge the completion tables from ecomplete/bbdb/...? > ;;(add-hook 'completion-at-point-functions #'message-ecomplete-capf nil t) > (add-hook 'completion-at-point-functions #'message-completion-function nil t) > [...] Thanks to all who cared to share their views, and their suggestions on my proposed patch. I am attaching an updated version that includes the improvements that were suggested: - remove override, and thus respect user's setting of completion-ignore-case (Thomas Fitzsimmons's comment) - do not use ":exclusive 'no" in the completion table (Stefan Monnier's comment) Thanks for pointing these out, and for helping to improve the proposed patch! Then there was a wider discussion on potential, architectural improvements of completion handling in message.el. Before diving into this wider discussion, it would seem worthwhile to me trying to get to a conclusion on the proposed patch. Do we have a consensus, that the proposed, updated patch does not solve all potential issues around email address completion in message mode once and for all, but that it still provides a useful improvement for some users without disturbing others, thus making it seem worthwhile to include the patch? Many thanks and looking forward to your thoughts, --alexander