On 2022-12-05 17:21 UTC, Philip Kaludercic wrote: >>>>> When I tried testing the installation of `prescient`, it installed >>>>> an older version of the file `prescient.el` than what is current in the >>>>> repository. This was the version that received an update to the version >>>>> number, but how does the system decide which is the most recent stable >>>>> version of a file? I might need to increase the number to make it >>>>> install a newer version. >>>> >>>> Yes, ELPA finds the last commit that changed the version header and uses >>>> that to prepare a release. >>> >>> OK. I will try updating the version number to make sure that was the >>> problem. >>> >> >> This was the problem. The installation works after changing the version >> number. I have asked about the author's process for releasing a new >> minor version. > > 1+ I have updated the files version number. The packages install successfully from the built tar files. Are there other steps to perform? I've reattached the patch to this message.