On 11/15/20 6:16 AM, Daniel Martín wrote: > Is there general interest in this kind of functionality as a free > program? I don't know if this could be a new feature of the xr package > (most probably), or if it could be its own separate package. This is very nice. I have a version of this in my local Emacs config, but it's on by default and it doesn't put the buffer in read-only more: it uses an overlay to display the rx regexp instead of the string-based one instead. I've attached the code if you want to have a look; what's missing is logic to automatically "unprettify" the regexp when the point is in it, to make edits easy. I was originally planning to include this in the easy-escape package, but I haven't found the time to do it, so feel free to go ahead :) Clément.