Hi. This patch addresses one of the differences between 'fontconfig' font-weight table, and the one inside emacs. Basically, the problem was that emacs wasn't listing fonts whose weight=55. However, those are defined to be 'semilight' in the fontconfig specification (see link below). Reproducing this problem only requires the existence of fonts whose weight=55 (one can use fc-cat for that). It's possible to observe that such fonts are not found in 'x-list-fonts' or when running 'describe-font'. https://www.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html I don't fully understand how emacs is using the 'weight_table' (in font.c), so my explanation may not be fully correct, but this patch does make (fontconfig) semilight fonts show up. Regards, Yukio