* issues introduced since 2014-10-20
       [not found] <d79b9a37-c874-4d9a-9d2b-41122b206663@default>
@ 2015-01-23 12:35 ` Ivan Shmakov
From: Ivan Shmakov @ 2015-01-23 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel, Drew Adams; +Cc: 19562

[…]

 > (FWIW: I'm reporting this for a build from 2014-10-20 because I have
 > not found a more recent build that I can use at all – too many things
 > broken.)

	Do you care to list the respective bug reports?  No promises,
	but I hope to at least take a look at them.  (And should the
	problem be that no one has bothered to check the proposed
	patches and push them to Git, – I now can do it myself.)

	TIA.

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A

* RE: issues introduced since 2014-10-20
@ 2015-01-23 16:31   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2015-01-23 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Shmakov, emacs-devel; +Cc: 19562

>  > (FWIW: I'm reporting this for a build from 2014-10-20 because I have
>  > not found a more recent build that I can use at all – too many things
>  > broken.)
>
> 	Do you care to list the respective bug reports?  No promises,
> 	but I hope to at least take a look at them.  (And should the
> 	problem be that no one has bothered to check the proposed
> 	patches and push them to Git, – I now can do it myself.)

Sorry, I have not (yet) filed any bug report about this.  I hope to,
when I have time to narrow things down a bit.

One thing I can say (which doesn't mean much out of context, which
is why I want to narrow things down) is that thumbifying frames
(shrinking them quite a bit, by reducing the font size) now shows
them with the wrong height, a height much larger (several times
larger) than what it should be.

I probably should have been clearer and less alarmist in that
parenthetical remark, BTW.  The Emacs builds since 10/20 are not
really usable by me, in my context.  But that does not mean that
the problems make it unusable for others.  I should have made that
clear.

Anyway, I will try to find time to narrow things down and report
bugs that I see properly.  And thanks for following up and offering
to look into this.