On 2/23/2023 4:50 PM, Jim Porter wrote: > Since the last message I posted, I'm now also seeing this test fail, > though I get a segfault instead. I bisected this to commit > a555abc56d5270cebe94f904189526d7ac433a94 ("Fix order of faces in > 'face-list'"). > > I'm pretty surprised by this, since that patch is *very* simple, but I > can reliably segfault with it, and never segfault without it. I'll keep > digging to see what's going on here. The segfault is in FACE_FROM_ID_OR_NULL, called from Finternal_merge_in_global_face. It happens because the face_cache is null during these tests (since Emacs is noninteractive). The attached patch fixes the issue for me, though I'm not totally sure it's the *right* fix. Any thoughts? (I'm also not 100% sure this is the same issue you're seeing...)