* [andreas.roehler@online.de: emacs CVS build  failed]
@ 2007-08-12  4:15 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-08-12  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

It appears this has not been fixed.  Can someone please
investigate and ack?

From: Andreas =?iso-8859-1?q?R=F6hler?= <andreas.roehler@online.de>
To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
Subject: CVS build on Suse 10.0 failed
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:00:01 +0200
Cc: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>

CVS build of today failed with following errors:

Required feature `thai-word' was not provided

make[2]: [finder-date] Fehler 255
Leaving directory ... lisp
[bootstrap-build] Fehler 2

;;;;;;

Suse 10.0

HOSTTYPE=i386
CPU=i686
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
OSTYPE=linux
LESS_ADVANCED_PREPROCESSOR=no
MACHTYPE=i686-suse-linux

Andreas Roehler

* Re: [andreas.roehler@online.de: emacs CVS build  failed]
@ 2007-08-13  7:48 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-13  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:

> It appears this has not been fixed. Can someone please investigate
> and ack?

I've never seen this problem. CVS bootstraps just fine for me.
thai-word.el provides itself.

> From: Andreas =?iso-8859-1?q?R=F6hler?= <andreas.roehler@online.de>
> To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
> Subject: CVS build on Suse 10.0 failed
> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:00:01 +0200
[...]

@ 2007-08-18  7:32   ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2007-08-18  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Glenn Morris, Richard Stallman

Am Montag, 13. August 2007 09:48 schrieb Glenn Morris:
> Richard Stallman wrote:
> > It appears this has not been fixed. Can someone please investigate
> > and ack?
>
> I've never seen this problem. CVS bootstraps just fine for me.
> thai-word.el provides itself.

`make bootstrap' only after deleting of

 ;; Local Variables:
 ;; coding: tis-620

at the bottom of thai-word.el finished without error.

Is `tis-620' known at this time?

However, background-color isn't set correctly, only as
far as active line reaches.

Andreas Roehler

@ 2007-08-19  0:29     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-19  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: Richard Stallman, emacs-devel

Andreas Röhler wrote:

> `make bootstrap' only after deleting of
>
>  ;; Local Variables:
>  ;; coding: tis-620
>
> at the bottom of thai-word.el finished without error.

I really think your problem was what I said to you when (for some
reason...) you mailed me off-list. Namely, that you had a thai-word.el
in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp that was shadowing the one in the
emacs source tree. I believe the changes I have made to
lisp/Makefile.in will prevent this kind of thing being an issue in
future.

* Re: [andreas.roehler@online.de: emacs CVS build  failed]
@ 2007-08-19  7:18       ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2007-08-19  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Glenn Morris, Richard Stallman

Am Sonntag, 19. August 2007 02:29 schrieb Glenn Morris:
> Andreas Röhler wrote:
> > `make bootstrap' only after deleting of
> >
> >  ;; Local Variables:
> >  ;; coding: tis-620
> >
> > at the bottom of thai-word.el finished without error.
>
> I really think your problem was what I said to you when (for some
> reason...) you mailed me off-list. Namely, that you had a thai-word.el
> in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp that was shadowing the one in the
> emacs source tree. I believe the changes I have made to
> lisp/Makefile.in will prevent this kind of thing being an issue in
> future.

A single empty thai-word.el shown
September 2005 sat there, very strange:

  -rw-r--r--  1 root  root      0 Sep 13  2005 thai-word.el

With this I even couldn't open `thai-word.el' from CVS
source - which surpasses my understanding....

M-x dired

~/emacs/20070819/emacs/lisp/language/

thai-word.el

RET

=>

byte-code: Required feature `thai-word' was not provided

This is gone after deleting the "null-byte"-thai-word.el.

Now it compiles without error.

Thanks

Andreas Roehler