* Changing the Emacs website (WAS: bug#35323)
       [not found]   ` <handler.36031.D35323.156044103229033.notifdone@debbugs.gnu.org>
@ 2019-06-13 17:22     ` npostavs
From: npostavs @ 2019-06-13 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Glenn Morris

[Sending to emacs-devel for more visibility]

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>

> (A reminder that any of the 200+ Emacs developers can change the website
> following the instructions at http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs )

It never occurred to me to look at that page (because why would I want
to look at Emacs' no-longer-updated CVS repository?).  Maybe it should
be mentioned elsewhere, admin/notes/www seems like a good candidate.

* Re: Changing the Emacs website
@ 2019-06-13 18:46       ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2019-06-13 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: npostavs; +Cc: emacs-devel

npostavs@gmail.com wrote:

> Maybe it should be mentioned elsewhere, admin/notes/www seems like a
> good candidate.

I actually thought there was such a mention, but maybe I was thinking of
the notes at the end of admin/make-tarball.txt.

BTW, some people are unhappy with having to use CVS.
Here's a tool that claims to do a two-way sync between git and CVS:

https://github.com/mikjo/bigitr

(It needs to be a two-way sync because eg sometimes the GNU webmasters
make changes, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to learn
a different procedure specially for Emacs.)