* -g flag no longer default?
@ 2010-04-22  8:04 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2010-04-22  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

To the best of my knowledge, the default compile flags for emacs were
"-O2 -g" or something similar, but now it seems to omit the "-g".

Is this really a change in the defaults?  If so, it seems a bad change.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia

* Re: -g flag no longer default?
@ 2010-04-22 15:58 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-04-22 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Miles Bader <miles.bader.fz@renesas.com> writes:

> To the best of my knowledge, the default compile flags for emacs were
> "-O2 -g" or something similar, but now it seems to omit the "-g".
>
> Is this really a change in the defaults?  If so, it seems a bad change.

I'm sure this is a mistake.  Could someone try to track down which of
the recent changes to configure.in in the trunk introduced this?

* Re: -g flag no longer default?
@ 2010-04-22 16:13   ` Lawrence Mitchell
From: Lawrence Mitchell @ 2010-04-22 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Chong Yidong wrote:
> Miles Bader <miles.bader.fz@renesas.com> writes:

>> To the best of my knowledge, the default compile flags for emacs were
>> "-O2 -g" or something similar, but now it seems to omit the "-g".

>> Is this really a change in the defaults?  If so, it seems a bad change.

> I'm sure this is a mistake.  Could someone try to track down which of
> the recent changes to configure.in in the trunk introduced this?

It's this change:

2010-03-30  Dan Nicolaescu  <dann@ics.uci.edu>

	* configure.in: Remove all references to C_DEBUG_SWITCH.

Cheers,
Lawrence
--
wence@gmx.li

* Re: -g flag no longer default?
@ 2010-04-22 16:22   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2010-04-22 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: Dan Nicolaescu, emacs-devel, Miles Bader

> I'm sure this is a mistake.  Could someone try to track down which of
> the recent changes to configure.in in the trunk introduced this?

This:

2010-03-30  Dan Nicolaescu  <dann@ics.uci.edu>

	* configure.in: Remove all references to C_DEBUG_SWITCH.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: -g flag no longer default?
@ 2010-04-22 20:38 ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2010-04-22 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Miles Bader <miles.bader.fz@renesas.com> writes:

> To the best of my knowledge, the default compile flags for emacs were
> "-O2 -g" or something similar, but now it seems to omit the "-g".
>
> Is this really a change in the defaults?  If so, it seems a bad change.

Should be fixed now.