* Unstable emacs-devel mail feed.
@ 2004-05-24  8:12 Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2004-05-24  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry to bother you with this, but...

Have anybody else experienced a very unstable mail feed from emacs-devel
and other gnu mailing lists for the last 4-5 days?  Or did some of you
get bounce messages for mails thay you sent to me indicating a local
problem (which would surprise me, as I still received the usual amount
of spam)?

Comparing with the archives at mail.gnu.org, it seems that I've lost
practically all mails since friday, with just a few mails starting to
arrive again this morning...

As a consequence, I also lost the comments on my latest GC changes,
but I will try to catch up from the archives.

* Re: Unstable emacs-devel mail feed.
@ 2004-05-24  8:52 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2004-05-24  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Sorry to bother you with this, but...

Sorry for the noise.  It was due to a server problem at my local ISP.

But in any case, I have definitely lost some some mails lately (and all
mails for the last few days), so if there are things you want me to
look at, and I didn't respond to you, please resend your messages to me.

* Re: Unstable emacs-devel mail feed.
@ 2004-05-24  9:55   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2004-05-24  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> Sorry for the noise.  It was due to a server problem at my local ISP.

I think there was definitely a problem at GNU -- I saw the same
symptoms, and tests seemed to indicate that it wasn't my ISP (e.g., I
could send mail to a yahoo account, and it worked fine, but sending to
GNU was a black hole).  Things _seem_ to be back, and the `lost' mail
showing up, so hopefully there's no real lossage.

> But in any case, I have definitely lost some some mails lately (and all
> mails for the last few days), so if there are things you want me to
> look at, and I didn't respond to you, please resend your messages to me.

FWIW, I seem to finally be receiving a lot messages that originally
seemed lost.

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'