* Re: master 02586bd: Revert my change to gnus-art.el
       [not found] ` <E1Yxt35-0002qO-6H@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2015-05-28  9:16   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2015-05-28  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Thu, 28 May 2015 08:20:19 +0000, Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>     Revert my change to gnus-art.el

>     * lisp/gnus/gnus-art.el (gnus-button-alist): Revert last change.
>     It wasn't that important, and it caused a Gnus build to fail.  See:
>     http://www.randomsample.de:4456/builders/emacs-devel/builds/734

Well, the error seems to be due to the Gmane nntp server, not to
your change, I think.  Anyway the waterfall is all green now, though.

* Re: master 02586bd: Revert my change to gnus-art.el
@ 2015-05-28 15:50     ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2015-05-28 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 05/28/2015 02:16 AM, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> On Thu, 28 May 2015 08:20:19 +0000, Paul Eggert<eggert@cs.ucla.edu>  wrote:
>> >     Revert my change to gnus-art.el
>> >     * lisp/gnus/gnus-art.el (gnus-button-alist): Revert last change.
>> >     It wasn't that important, and it caused a Gnus build to fail.  See:
>> >     http://www.randomsample.de:4456/builders/emacs-devel/builds/734
> Well, the error seems to be due to the Gmane nntp server, not to
> your change, I think.  Anyway the waterfall is all green now, though.

Do you think I should reinstall that change?  If so, please let me know
and I'll do so.  I don't use Gnus and so can't easily test the change,
but it does seem like the right thing for typical use.

The abovementioned test failure's log
<http://www.randomsample.de:4456/builders/emacs-devel/builds/734/steps/test/logs/stdio>
is cryptic, and I reverted the change due to a perhaps excessive sense
of caution.

* Re: master 02586bd: Revert my change to gnus-art.el
@ 2015-05-28 23:57       ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2015-05-28 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Thu, 28 May 2015 08:50:56 -0700, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 05/28/2015 02:16 AM, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> Well, the error seems to be due to the Gmane nntp server, not to
>> your change, I think.  Anyway the waterfall is all green now, though.

> Do you think I should reinstall that change?  If so, please let me
> know and I'll do so.  I don't use Gnus and so can't easily test the
> change, but it does seem like the right thing for typical use.

I tried reinstalling your change to `gnus-button-alist' in
the Gnus Git master and confirmed the buildbot didn't complain
this time.  So, the first time error might have been just
a glitch of something unrelated (or the buildbot engineer might
have done something after that ;-).

I've re-reverted your change in the Emacs master, as well.

* Re: master 02586bd: Revert my change to gnus-art.el
@ 2015-05-29  0:02         ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2015-05-29  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Fri, 29 May 2015 08:57:19 +0900, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> I tried reinstalling your change to `gnus-button-alist' in
> the Gnus Git master and confirmed the buildbot didn't complain
> this time.

Oops, the buildbot complained again for the last build process
`test'.  I'm going to ask the buildbot engineer for investigating
what is happening.  Anyway the change are for only string objects,
so it should not be a cause of any error.