From: Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com>
To: Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>
Cc: larsi@gnus.org, Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>,
	Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: debbugs-0.10: two comments
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 16:24:00 +0900 (JST)	[thread overview]

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016, Michael Albinus wrote:

> [My email address is @gmx.de]
Opps, that explain that i got one e-mail with the following:

      michael.albinus@gmx.org

>> Dear Lars and Michael:
> I agree, debbugs-gnu-trunk-directory and debbugs-gnu-branch-directory
> should be user options. Will change.
Thank you very much.

> debbugs-gnu-current-directory is the internal working horse, not needed
> to be exposed outside.
>
> In debbugs-gnu-apply-patch, it will be checked already whether this is
> set properly. If not, the directory name is requested
> interactively. Shall be done in other functions as well; I'll change
> this.
Thanks also for this.

>> II)
>> Most of the time i am interested in the newest bugs.  I have defined
>> following command in my .emacs:
>> (defun mydebbugs-gnu-latest-bugs (&optional num)
>>   "List latest NUM bugs.
>> If NUM is nil, then show the latest 10 bugs."
>>   (interactive (list (read-number "How many bugs: " 10)))
>>   (apply 'debbugs-gnu-bugs (debbugs-newest-bugs (or num 10))))
>>
>> Maybe is useful to have a command like this in debbugs-gnu.el;
>> possibly with a different default value for NUM.
>
> I have already plans to extend debbugs-gnu-bugs and debbugs-org-bugs.
> Currently, they allow only list of bug numbers, like "100,200,300" etc.
> I want to allow also ranges, like "100-200,300-400" and so on. A special
> range "-10" could mean then "the last 10 bugs". This shall fit your needs.
That sounds great!
Maybe worth to provide the command for latest bugs with a nice default.
It is handy not having to write in the minibuffer the range for this: just
RET to accept the default value is very pleasant.

> Will do both next days as time permits.
Great! Thank you very much.