On Fri, 8 Jul 2016, Óscar Fuentes wrote: > Just the second commit on the log output: > > Remove just input mark > > * lisp/ibuffer.el (ibuffer-unmark-all): When MARK is not ?\r remove > just MARK. > > no hint about why it was necessary. Sorry for not being more clear in my commit, and thanks for mentioned it, so i can try do it better next time. IMO, from this commit one emacs developper should conclude: 1) Its a change in file: lisp/ibuffer.el 2) Affects a func. to unmark buffers. 3) Affects the behaviour when an input arg (MARK) satisfy one condition (not equal ?\r): it will remove (unmark) just buffers with mark being MARK. *) Fix? Enhancement? Unclear. After that, a reader interested in the commit could check the diffs: i agree that in this case the diffs are not helpful to understand the necessity of the change. Then, a really interested reader could easily put the point in the func. name between parens and do: F1-f RET (That automatically confirms 2). After my commit the function spread 29 lines: it fully matches within my laptop screen (with average screen size). The first 3 lines help to understand the thing: '(defun ibuffer-unmark-all (mark) "Unmark all buffers with mark MARK." (interactive "cRemove marks (RET means all):") ' Basically, a command unmarking buffers marked with MARK; if MARK equals ?\r then all marked buffers are unmarked. This is what is written in the commit, so the reader should conclude that this is a fix instead of an enhancement. I don't know how much average time could take this for an experience emacs developer; negligible i would say: probably Eli can do this almost while taking a nap. I got the write permissions in this project last month and i am still a newby in git. For my lack of experience my commits are far to be perfect. Sorry. I am sure they will be better and better just with the practice. Tino