On 6/23/07, Juri Linkov wrote: > >> I wonder if we can tune it to detect that common case > >> while not triggering in your case. > > > > I think the key is to check not just whether the two strings are equal, > but > > also whether the head of the kill-ring really comes from the currently > > active region. E.g. check that last-command is one that uses > > copy-region-as-kill. > > Should we care only for situation of selecting and yanking with the mouse? > In this case we could check last-command-event for mouse keys. I don't think that's enough. The selection may have been unchanged by the last command. For example, with a single window in the frame, and using cua-selection-mode, select one word with the mouse, then select another word, then type "C-x o" (there's only one window, so this does nothing) then hit "C-y". The selected word isn't edited. Try the same but omit the "C-x o" step and the selected word is replaced by the previously selected word.