On 2023-04-08 09:20, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 06:37:38 +0200 >> From: David Hedlund >> >>> Which parts in your code are specific to Windows? >> All of it, see the attached file in this email. > ??? These variables and functions work in any GUI environment that > Emacs supports, including GNU/Linux, any platform that runs X, macOS, > etc. So I don't quite understand why you say this is > Windows-specific. What did I miss? It can only be used to "avoid the slightly distracting visual effect of Emacs starting with its default frame size and then growing to fullscreen" in Windows. But NOT in GNU/Linux. Can someone else please try to explain this?