On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 07:20:56PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: [...] > Btw, I was only talking about optional dependencies. For mandatory > dependencies, the only important aspect is whether I'd need to upgrade > libraries I already have to newer versions, and if so, whether those > newer versions will cause compatibility problems with programs I have > installed that use those libraries [...] Perhaps I'm not up to date, but ISTR that rust can only build statically linked binaries. In that case, this might be moot :) Cheers -- t