On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 07:37:44AM +0200, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote: > Use case for a nilp function: > > I have a buffer-local variable with a default value, and I want to > allow to (silently) set it to nil (and only to nil) from > .dir-locals.el or Local Variables. > > Currently I have > > (defun nilp(v) (unless v t)) If I understand your needs correctly, the function you are looking for is called `null'. Yes, it breaks the convention for predicates (i.e. that they should end in -p), but I think it's just because it has been there for so long, like an old olive tree :-) Cheers -- t