On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 09:41:16PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 20:17:53 +0200 > > From: tomas@tuxteam.de > > Cc: Rob Browning , larsi@gnus.org, yandros@gmail.com, > > emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 08:41:22PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > [Full disclosure: evidently, none of what I write below matters, so > > > feel free to ignore.] > > > > Now I think this is a bit unfair. You have a string opinion, and > > I think it shhould be respected, but the others have, too. > > You misunderstood the intent. Quite possibly. > Windows installers allow you to install into a directory of your > choice, and some will even set PATH to point to there; if not, you can > do it manually. I have no clue about Windows (at least since 1990). I try to keep it that way for reasons. > > Alternatively, you can have a system-local install (going to > > /usr/local) besides the Debian-installed one without them interfering > > (that's the setup I use). > > I don't understand what that means. Do you mean that you can subvert > the general non-support by Debian packages of several Emacs versions > installed on the same system? I don't understand what you mean by "subverting the general non-support", (I somehow feel that it is a loaded term, but I can't be sure). Cheers -- tomás