On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 01:13:40PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 11:02:44 +0200 > > From: > > > > > > The solution I would propose would be to defer JIT native-compilation > > > > until the computer is on AC power, as determined by battery.el. > > > > > > We could have such a feature, but how to implement it? If we use a > > > timer for that, the timer itself will drain the battery. > > > > Guessing from a previous mail by you, the correct way to achieve this > > is to compiler results to a non-existent directory, right? > > No, this is a completely different use case. Now I'm confused. Does the non-existence of a target directory disable compilation or just the writing of the compilation's results? > We _can_ disable native-compilation (and had this ability for a while, > since Emacs 28 development); the issue here is how to re-enable it > again "when computer is on AC power". > > > To me that feels strange, but I could live with that. Can it be documented? > > What would you like to be documented, exactly? that pointing HOME a non-existing directory is the way to either inhibit JIT compilation or writing of the compilation results to disk (depending on the answer above). Cheers -- t