On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 11:03:47AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Po Lu > > Cc: spwhitton@spwhitton.name, rlb@defaultvalue.org, > > monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, david@tethera.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org, > > akrl@sdf.org > > Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 15:11:19 +0800 > > > > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > > > > Anyway, what would you suggest as a solution for the problem you > > > perceive with JIT native-compilation, which would refrain from being > > > "in the background" and "automatic"? > > > > The solution I would propose would be to defer JIT native-compilation > > until the computer is on AC power, as determined by battery.el. > > We could have such a feature, but how to implement it? If we use a > timer for that, the timer itself will drain the battery. Guessing from a previous mail by you, the correct way to achieve this is to compiler results to a non-existent directory, right? To me that feels strange, but I could live with that. Can it be documented? Cheers -- t