On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 03:31:51PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 14:02:21 +0200 > > From: tomas@tuxteam.de > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > > I indeed question the optimistic belief that system-wide conventions > > > are always better. They might be in some basic stuff, like the outer > > > decorations of the GUI windows, but other than that... > > > > Yes, but the "outer decorations" now belong to the application > > No, they don't. Maybe you just aren't aware that those decorations > are all but invisible on latest Windows. But they still exist, if you > know where they are... Ah, so those I see belong to the application, and those I don't are the "real" ones. Sounds plausible ;-) [...] > No, see above. Each window still has a border, albeit a thin and > basically invisible one. That would mean I "just" have to learn clicking onto the one-pixel wide "real" window frame. I'll try :) (But actually, I'm looking forward to when this box runs FVWM ;) Cheers & thanks for the insights. -- t