On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 10:00:43PM +0600, Akib Azmain Turja wrote: [...] > It's hard for any compiled language to beat C code, and I believe it's > *impossible* for any interpreted language to do that. And if it somehow > does that, I would believe that the result is *hard-coded* in it. [...] I think this is too simplistic. There are known (small) cases where (compiled) Common Lisp beats C code, or where LuaJit [1] does (don't forget: a JIT knows things about your program a compiler can't). At the other end of the scale (the very complex), where you end up writing a whole garbage collector in your C app, it will be pretty hard to beat one of the modern GCs you'll find in Schemes or Javascripts. So the answer to this is most probably "it depends" :) Cheers [1] https://wingolog.org/archives/2014/09/02/high-performance-packet-filtering-with-pflua -- t