On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 08:45:06PM +0800, Po Lu wrote: > Akib Azmain Turja writes: > > > I have recently (shallow) cloned Emacs source code. I have compiled it > > by doing the following: > > > > $ mkdir build > > $ cd build > > $ ../configure --without-x --without-gnutls --without-modules \ > > --without-sqlite3 --without-pop --without-mailutils --without-sound > > $ make > > > > If I understand correctly, running ./src/emacs should start the newly > > compiled Emacs. But it says that with-memoizaton function definition is > > void, even with an empty init file (actually I commented out the whole > > file). ./src/temacs works, but says function-documention is undefined > > at runtime. > > > > Am I doing something wrong? > > I think out of tree builds never really worked in Emacs. Hm. FWIW I build regularly out-of-tree. I make sure to radically delete the build dir, and do a "make distclean" (possibly not needed). The only issues I had were, from time to time, older .elc files (thus that "double cleaning" above: that's how voodoo rituals grow ;-) Cheers -- t