On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 08:55:42PM +0200, Tomas Hlavaty wrote: > On Thu 02 Jun 2022 at 17:37, Uwe Brauer wrote: > > I can now again access my private gmail account, > > I thought you were forced to use google by your university but I see > that that is not the case. You have a choice. > https://www.stallman.org/google.html This choice would entail losing his job? Look. I really hate Google. I can afford to avoid them fairly thoroughly [1]. But perhaps the choice for other people isn't that easy. Expecting others to play heroes might not be... friendly. Instead, you could try to help them to mitigate their situation as far as possible. Cheers [1] I still exchange mails with people on gmail, so they are collecting my data this way. -- t