On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 05:08:52PM +0530, niru@disroot.org wrote: > Hello hackers, > > I am quite a new user of GNU-Emacs, but even while using this fantastic > tool-for-life for such a short span I have felt a need for a feature > which I pretty much see in various other free software, i.e., local > configuration files. I will elaborate. See "Per-Directory Local Variables" in your trusty Emacs manual; if you prefer a Web browser (but why? ;) online here [1] I think this question would have been more relevant in help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org. Cheers [1] https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Directory-Variables.html -- t