On Sun, May 08, 2022 at 07:37:52PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > My solution, which has been working just fine for a year now, is to use > > davmail [1] to be in the middle between gnus and the Exchange server. > > It was easy to install and doesn't get in the way. > > This raises a few questions: > > 1. What kind of thing is devmail? Is it a program? Is it a service? It's called "davmail". Microsoft offers access to its mailboxes as a WEBDAV interface. davmail seems to be an interface program to that. It also can do, as far as I can see, the other mailbox protocols (POP, IMAP...) and perhaps more. > 2. If it is a program, is it entirely free/libre code? > What operating systems can it run on? According to [1], it is GPL (probably v2). No idea about the other two. Cheers [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_CalDAV_and_CardDAV_implementations -- t