On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 10:49:15PM +1000, Tim Cross wrote: > > writes: [...] > > Is it for having some T&C where they basically say "we'll > > kick you out whenever we think we want to"? > > > > I'm hard-pressed to come up with a friendlier interpretation. > > > > Problem is, your looking for a rational reason. The reality is T&C are > typically written by non-technical people (often lawyers) who don't > really understand (Or care to understand) the finer points and > implications. ...but who, working for Google, should have ready access to some who do. > They work in broad brushstrokes and plan to adjust/change > if there is enough stink. HOwever, in this case, the percentage of > voerall users impacted is unlikely to even register a a blip o thier > radar. > > Bootm line, we are being done in by bureaucracy and bad communication. OK, you came up with a friendlier explanation. You seem to be a friendlier person than me :-) I still tend to not quite believe that. To me, this is an instance of "any sufficiently advanced form of malice is indistinguishable from stupidity" [1]. IOW, plausible deniability. Cheers [1] A CRISPR monster between Clarke's Third and Hanlon. -- t