On Mon, Feb 07, 2022 at 07:57:02PM +0800, Po Lu wrote: > > >> But, why? Things don't stop working just because, you/an admin makes > >> the choice of replacing the current software with a different, newer > >> one. > > Sorry, but that choice was made over two decades ago, so you have to > adapt. Unless, of course, you stay with Emacs 23 and Qt 2, and not run > any X client written in the past two decades. Po Lu, you are often so absolute :-) As I said, there's a use case for some of us old... whatevers. I set `select-enable-primary' to t and am pretty happy with it. I see and understand the issues you raise, and wouldn't recommend that setting to many. But I'm with Emacs 25-something, have no Qt to speak of and am /still/ happy. And glad to have the option. Cheers & thanks for all your hard work, BTW. -- t