On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 11:39:04AM +0100, xenodasein--- via Emacs development discussions. wrote: > writes: [...] > >> You are overlooking something important: our community is (compared to > >> others) pretty civilised [...] > I wouldn't call, opposing to setting a handful of variables every > couple of years to disable new developments and instead stagnating > your favorite libre editor into oblivion, civilized. > > If it is that painful to make Customize use its own data file, what > hope would there be to make big improvements to it? I may very well be wrong (this is not a rhethoric device, but just age: I've been wrong more times than I can count!), but I perceive your position as extreme. The opposition is not there "to disable new developments". It's usually there because some people (it's not /always the same/ people!) don't like a change. Surely some discussion is in order to either convince those people or to redesign the change in a way that it hopefully makes people happy? Cheers -- t