On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 07:13:59AM +0100, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote: > Hi, [...] > (setq custom-file (locate-user-emacs-file "custom.el")) > (load custom-file 'noerror) > > What I propose is to agree on a default value for custom-file that could > potentially be changed by the user in init.el or .emacs > and do the (load custom-file 'noerror) after loading the init file as a > default behaviour for Emacs > > Having a separate customisation file by default can ease debugging, > resetting customisations, bookkeeping, etc. etc. Late to the party, but... I do a similar thing anyway. I can see recommending such a thing. But I wouldn't like Some Obscure Magic nearly forcing people to do it this way? (Yes, the last bit of your proposal: "do the ... as a default behaviour" counts to me as Some Obscure Magic. I much prefer to have the load down there in my init file explicitly). Cheers -- t