On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 11:28:41PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > > I think we should extend the functionality of closures by providing a > > > way to access the bound variables in them. Then we won't need to make > > > Emacs Lisp more complicated with a new data type, because ordinary > > > closures will do this job too. > > > That's exactly what fcr.el does. > > I have not seen fcr.el -- would you please send me a copy? > > However, if it does exactly what I described above, why do we need a > name other than "closures"? Why do we need a new type of object? Possibly because it diverges somewhat from the canonical meaning of "closure" -- it might confuse people. Cheers -- t