On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 04:19:40AM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Philip Kaludercic writes: > > > Yes, but do you want the persistent data interface to be bound to > > SQLite, or should a separate backed be implemented, if required? > > I don't think a separate backend is necessary, but I won't stand in the > way of somebody implementing it. But you, of course, would consider it unnecessary (co-) developing an interface spec to facilitate that. > (I'm sure somebody has also > implemented a GIF decoder in Emacs Lisp because they're against using C > or something.) I can't help it: the above feels subtly... loaded. No. Not happy at all about how things are developing here, sorry to say. I don't question your intentions at all, but every time I've seen "hey, let's use $PRODUCT" at the start of some development it hasn't turned out well. I'd venture to say it is an antipattern. Cheers -- t