On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 11:50:56PM +0100, Joost Kremers wrote: > > On Thu, Dec 09 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > What else can be meant by a proposal to allow Emacs to create and > > access databases? There's no other reasonable way of reading that > > message. > > Actually, Lars' original message was to give Emacs a persistent variable store > and to use sqlite3 for that purpose. > > No-one really objects to giving Emacs some sort of persistent variable store, > and no-one objects to giving Emacs the ability to communicate directly with > sqlite. But the proposal was about doing the former by means of the latter. And > I can understand how that would raise some doubts. Thanks, Joost. I think your short mail describes my uneasiness about Lars's proposal better than I could. I always have that strange feeling in situations like this. Cheers -- t