On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 08:42:40AM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > writes: > > > I concur. The interface looks good; why it /has/ to be sqlite3, of all > > things... I'd rather avoid such an overspecified dependency. Why not > > PostgreSQL, then, or, say, DB2? (no, I'm not serious on that, just to > > illustrate my issue). > > I fail to see how that illustrates anything. > > sqlite3 is a C library with excellent performance, robustness and > portability. There isn't much to recommend other key/value stores over > sqlite3. I'd rather like to see sqlite3 as one of several possible backends instead of a strict requirement, but hey, that's me. I'm also that strange gui who explicitly disables DBus dependency in the Emacs build. I'm weird, I know :) Cheers -- t